What to Eat On Keto Diet?One Life Organic Store
Keto is the new buzzing trend in the dieting world. The ketogenic diet or shortly ‘Keto diet’, is a combination of a low-carb, high-fat diet that offers many health benefits. It lowers blood sugar and insulin levels and distracts the body’s metabolism away from carbs and towards fat and ketones. It is basically deriving all the energy that your body needs from the fats that you consume instead of carbs, the process which we call as “Ketosis”. And the fact that ketosis helps to burn the fat cells faster has made this diet super popular for weight loss.
Keto is all about eating fat and protein-rich food keeping the carbs to a bare minimum. Your body gets 60 to 75 percent of its calories from fats (we are talking about the good fats), 15 to 30 percent from the protein and the 5 to 10 percent from the carbs.
Let’s see what you can eat while you are on a Keto diet.
- Sugary foods: Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, etc.
- Grains or starches: Wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: All fruit, except small portions of berries like strawberries.
- Beans or legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables and tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.
- Low-fat or diet products: These are highly processed and often high in carbs.
- Some condiments or sauces: These often contain sugar and unhealthy fat.
- Unhealthy fats: Limited consumption of processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Alcohol: Due to their carb content, many alcoholic beverages are kept out of keto diet.
Foods permitted to be Eaten( all in moderation):
- Fatty fish
- Butter and cream
- Cheese (unprocessed)
- Nuts and seeds
- Healthy oils
- Low-carb veggies
Some popular Keto diet based snacks are
- Fatty meat or fish
- Cheese with olives
- 90% dark chocolate
- A low-carb milkshake with almond milk, cocoa powder, and nut butter
- Full-fat yogurt mixed with nut butter and cocoa powder
- Strawberries and cream
- Celery with salsa and guacamole
How to keep up with the diet?
Carbs are bae for many of us. Although it may seem next-to-impossible to pass the most challenging first week, and not to forget the Keto flu which puts off many from the diet, Keto is worth all the hassles if you really plan your meal and bring in various flavors to keep your taste buds happy.
Onelife Organic has understood the very need for the Keto based food and has come up with various Keto-friendly flours like Organic Almond flour and Sprouted Ragi flour to make your Indian bread and some healthy, yummy Organic Nut and seed butter to satiate your sugar cravings. You can make guilt-free smoothies and bulletproof coffee to make your breakfast delicious. And then there are various seeds to roast and munch on when you are hungry. Planning and sticking to the plan is the mantra for keto. Once your body is on ketosis, you will start seeing a sudden surge in your energy levels and that will keep you motivated.
Eat the right food in the right quantity at the right time.